Made in the 5 in 1 Tower Digital Air Fryer
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
4 medium chicken breasts
100g panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 tsp black sesame seeds
25g plain flour, seasoned
1 egg, beaten
vegetable oil spray
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp plain flour
200ml hot vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
200ml coconut milk
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
4 portions of cooked basmati rice
3 spring onions, trimmed & thinly sliced
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling film then bash with a rolling pin until the chicken is about 2 cm thick.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs, oil, coriander and black sesame seeds in a bowl and rub together to combine the oil with the dry ingredients. Place the flour, egg and breadcrumb mixture into three shallow bowls.
- Dust the chicken in the flour, dip into the egg, then press into the breadcrumb mixture. The chicken should be fully coated in the crumb.
- When ready to cook, spray the breaded chicken fully with oil then place on two air flow racks lined with parchment paper and insert on the top and middle shelves of the air fryer. Set the air fryer temperature to 185C and cook for 25 minutes, rotating the racks halfway through cooking for even browning. The coating should be crisp and golden and the chicken piping hot.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the sauce, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium sized saucepan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until the onion is soft but not coloured. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle over the spices and the flour and cook for a minute. Take the pan off the heat and pour in the stock and coconut milk. Mix well to combine, bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the soy sauce, sugar and fresh coriander then blitz with a hand blender to achieve a smooth sauce.
- When the chicken is ready, cut into strips and serve in a bowl with rice, then pour over the katsu curry sauce and garnish with spring onions.
If you don’t like your curry too hot, then try using a mild curry powder.